Abrasive Wheels Awareness
Open Course Dates
|Course||Location||Date||Price (ex VAT)|
This half day course is intended to give all levels of staff the information and training they need to make sure that they are aware of current health and safety requirements to prevent injury to themselves as required by the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER). Abrasive wheels can cause serious injury and it is important that staff who do not regularly use them are still aware of the dangers inherent in their use.
The aim of this short course is to provide staff with sufficient knowledge to use and maintain abrasive wheel equipment safely and on completion they will be able to:-
- Demonstrate a high level of theoretical knowledge in terms of work equipment safety
- Show an appropriate appreciation of the importance of equipment safety
- Follow safe operating procedures to a high level of competence
- Understand regulations relating to machine safety
- Understand the principals of machine maintenance
During the course you will cover the following areas:
- Explanation of the legal requirements governing abrasive wheels
- Understanding good machine safety
- Avoidance of injuries
- Recognition of potentially dangerous abrasive wheel operations.
- Safe use of machines
Multiple choice question paper.
Delegates will be awarded an Essential Site Skills certificate of attendance.