Open Course Dates
|Course||Location||Date||Price (ex VAT)|
This half day course is intended for persons who are likely to disturb asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or may have an influence on what work is carried out. Asbestos is the single largest industrial disease (Class 1 Carcinogen) and accounts for over 4,000 deaths per year in the UK – a number predicted to grow over the next decade.
The course will provide a thorough understanding and awareness of managing asbestos in buildings under Regulation 10 Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
During the course, you will cover the following areas:
- Overview of Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
- The nature of asbestos and its effects on health.
- Products and typical uses of asbestos.
- Safe working procedures, inc. control measures and protective equipment.
- Asbestos related health effects and diseases.
- Minimising exposure and preventative controls.
- Emergency procedures for an asbestos incident.
Multiple choice question paper.
Delegates will be awarded an Essential Site Skills certificate of attendance.