Management, Planning & Permit Course
– Underground Cable Avoidance –
Approximately, there are 60,000 cable strikes per year in the construction industry throughout the UK with many resulting in costly delays and repairs to both infrastructure and reputations. Worse still, strikes may also lead to life changing injuries, or even a death to one of our workers.
A ZERO strike rate target is not beyond impossibility, so long as you equip your workforce with the correct training, knowledge, instruction information and supervision.
Open Course Dates
|Course||Location||Date||Price (ex VAT)|
|Management, Planning & Permit Course||Nottingham||11/06/2018||£125.00|
|Management, Planning & Permit Course||Nottingham||29/08/2018||£125.00|
What is the objective?
ESS are delighted to offer this Management, Planning and Permit course for Underground Cable Avoidance which has been designed to give all tiers of management a more advanced understanding and awareness about cable avoidance planning, the equipment and its capabilities and what processes are required to implement a safe system of work. A first for the industry; delegates will also be taught CAT manager & CAT manager online (Bluetooth) software enabling data acquisition and logging, giving supervisors/managers the ability to analyse completed surveys, explored locations, modes used and usage behaviours of employees creating real time monitoring on site.
Use real-time service plans/mapping of the outside location, with scenarios and relevant trouble shooting giving the participant a full interactive, informative and engaging training course incomparable with any other.
General Course Overview
- Overview of statistical analysis and legislation
- Dangers, hazards associated with underground service detection
- Requirement under HSG 47 and CS6
- Risk assessment, Safe System of Works and PPE
- Planning, utility maps and markings using real time mapping of the course location
- Cable Avoidance Tool model overviews, capabilities and inspection
- Cable Avoidance Tool practical familiarisation with CAT4/RD & Genny across all modes
- Data acquisition and logging with analysis techniques
- How to set up internal monitoring procedures for data
- Safe digging practices
- Permit to dig and its requirements
- Role of the Underground Service Supervisor (USS)
- Various practical exercises
Who is it for?
Anyone who has functional responsibility for controlling underground service risks on a construction site, such as site supervisors, site managers, project managers, safety managers.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no pre-requisites for this course however those attending should have a functional responsibility within the workplace for controlling or managing underground service detection.
How long does it take?
How do students pass the course?
Students must pass an examination taken at the end of the course.
Other Available Training Courses (delivered On-site or at one of our training venues)
– Introduction to Underground Cable Avoidance Tool Training – CAT/Genny
– Advanced User Underground Cable Avoidance Tool Training – CAT/Genny
– Underground Cable Avoidance Tool Training – RD8100/Genny
Essential Site Skills are a trusted and authorised supplier of Radiodetection equipment available to all industries. We provide market beating cost effective solutions across models including:
- C.A.T4, C.A.T4+, e C.A.T4, e C.A.T4+, g C.A.T4, g C.A.T4+ (Approved for use on UK’s rail infrastructure)
- Genny4 – TX1, 5 or 10
- RD8100 PXLG, PDLG, PTLG
- RD7100 SL, DL, PL, TL
- Full suite of accessories including bags, clamps, rechargeable battery packs, sondes and more!
New Purchasing Customer Special Offer: 10% discount on any CAT4 range options and Genny4.
To find out more about our wide range of detection equipment and pricing email
Inspection & Calibration Services
It is recommended that cable locating equipment is serviced and calibrated every 12 months. ESS provide calibration and servicing on all SPX C.A.T models ensuring they are fit for purpose and working to the latest software. Why not tie this in when you book any half day training course and we will calibrate and inspect your Tools when we are there, only £35.00 per tool.
* In the event of product failure ESS use a trusted 3rd party provider, in collaboration with SPX detection, for repair and replacement if and when required. No work will be carried out until agreed by our client.