Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Signal Generator (Genny) / Utility Avoidance
Open Course Dates
|Course||Location||Date||Price (ex VAT)|
Protection against specific hazards, Regulation 12 of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 states: ‘Every employer shall take measures to ensure that the exposure of a person, using work equipment, to any risk is either prevented or adequately controlled.’
This course is intended for operatives who are required to locate underground services as part of a safe system of work for excavation. It is essential for anyone involved in excavation work on construction sites, roads, industrial estates etc.
If you work as an excavation operator, ground worker or as a supervisor or manager then this course is ideal.
The course is designed to provide the necessary skills required to locate underground services using utility drawings, including the use and maintenance of a CAT and Genny.
Basic principles of location and avoidance of underground services.
- Reading and understanding site plans.
- Use a Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) and Signal Generator (Genny) in P, R & G Modes.
- Appreciation of difficulties associated with underground service avoidance.
- Identify risks and hazards associated with underground service avoidance.
- Hazard avoidance.
- Storage and maintenance of equipment.
- Multiple choice question paper.
- Practical test (set up, operate and locate underground services using the CAT and Genny).
Delegates will be awarded an Essential Site Skills certificate of attendance.