CITB Skills and Training Fund
Applications for this funding are now open and will remain open until March 2019
How to apply?
Full details on how to apply and guidance notes can be accessed using the above link. It is highly recommended to follow the guidance notes to guide you through each stage of the application.
How can Essential Site Skills help?
Essential Site Skills Ltd (ESS) can provide training and grant cost breakdowns for you to include in your application. We are also here to offer support if you need any advice when completing your application.
Call 0115 8970 529 or email
Who can apply?
CITB-registered employers with up to 99 PAYE staff. Employers can apply for Skills and training funding once every 12 months.
How much can I apply for?
- Up to £5,000 for levy-registered employers up to 49 employees
- Up to £7,500 for levy-registered employers up to 74 employees
- Up to £10,000 for levy-registered employers up to 99 employees
If other CITB funding is available (e.g. through the grants scheme), you should reduce the amount asked from our skills and training funding by the amount you could claim from other sources.
Aim of the funds
The CITB Flexible and Structured Funds provides funding for training and development projects in the construction sector that are not currently supported by other CITB funding, products or services (such as the Grants Scheme).
The funds focus on industry’s strategic priorities for skills and training.
The six CITB priorities are:
- reducing skills gaps
- reducing skills shortages
- increase access to the right training
- increase the appeal of working in construction
- increase training expenditure
- increase the added value per employee