CITB SITE MANAGEMENT SAFETY TRAINING SCHEME (SMSTS) REFRESHER – 2 DAY
If you prefer, you can arrange to have this course delivered at your own premises anywhere within the UK. For dates and prices please, contact us.
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Refresher (SMSTS-R) course is for delegates who have previously passed the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course or subsequent refresher course, and can provide proof of attendance.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous five-day course programme.
Aims & Objectives
The refresher course aims to:
- improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues
- identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation, and new working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to implement:
- all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager
- new guidance and industry best practice
- their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The refresher course is only for delegates who have previously passed the five-day construction Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or subsequent refresher course, and hold a valid SMSTS certificate. Evidence must be provided to the training provider of their eligibility.
If a delegate cannot provide a copy of their certificate, the online card checker can be used to establish if a delegate currently holds a valid SMSTS certificate: https://www.citb.co.uk/cards-testing/online-card-checker/
If an individual cannot be located on the system and no evidence of their certificate can be found, they will have to attend the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course.
Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require delegates to re-enter the scheme by completing the full SMSTS course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
Assessment will be by exam paper at the end of the course.