CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) – 5 Day
If you would prefer, you can arrange to have these courses delivered in-house at your own premises anywhere within the UK. To find out more about this, contact us.
Our Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or are about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
Aims & Objectives
The course aims to help site managers, agents and supervisors to
- manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management or supervisory role
- develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare, and
- recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of, and able to
- implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
In order to maintain continuity and flow, and to maximise a delegate’s comprehension and participation, the favoured method of delivery is to hold the course over five consecutive days. However, day release, comprising one or two days per week for up to a maximum of five weeks, is an acceptable alternative.
Only in extenuating circumstances should courses be run any differently to the above alternatives and permission must be granted by the Site Safety Plus department at the registration stage.
Delegates are required to attend all sessions, since without full attendance the Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate will not be awarded. Delegates must attend the days in order, in accordance with the course programme, to achieve the necessary learning objectives to qualify for the certificate.
If this is not possible the delegate must enrol on a new course and retake the full five-day course.
Construction Site Safety GE700 mandatory
SMSTS Course Notes XA6 & Case Studies mandatory