CITB SITE SUPERVISORS’ SAFETY TRAINING SCHEME (SSSTS) REFRESHER – 1 DAY
If you would prefer, you can arrange to have these courses delivered in-house at your own premises anywhere within the UK. To find out more about this, contact us.
The refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the Legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
Aims & Objectives
To ensure delegates are aware of:
- Current trends within the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) direction of enforcement
- Recent developments in construction, legislation, health and safety, welfare and environmental issues
- Measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new Legislation and working practices.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware and be able to implement:
- All updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affect their role as a supervisor
- New guidance and industry best practice affected by changes
- Their duties and responsibilities with regard to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
The refresher course is only for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.
Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require the delegate to re-enter the scheme by completing the full Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course if they wish to remain in the scheme.
Assessment will be by multiple-choice questions at the end of the course.
A natural progression from this course would be to attend the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) or attend the Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) which is aimed at Supervisor level.
Site Supervision Simplified GE706 mandatory
Tool Box Talks GT700 mandatory (for in-house courses, own company tool box talk materials may be used)