Ladder and Step Ladder User
Open Course Dates
|Course||Location||Date||Price (ex VAT)|
The half day Ladder and Step Ladder Users Course is for those wanting to equip themselves with the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to use ladders and step ladders legally and safely.
Under the regulations every person in the chain leading up to, and including, the final user, has a duty of care to both themselves and others to know and understand the practical implications of working safety at height. Demonstration of competence is a key requirement of the new regulations and successful completion of the Ladder and Step Ladder Training Course provides proof of such competence.
Who should attend?
The Ladder and Step Ladder Users Course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for use of ladders and step ladders in the work place. There are no prerequisite required for this course although a working knowledge of ladders is an advantage.
Successful delegates will gain an understanding of current relevant legislation and best practice on a range of Ladders and Step Ladders and be able to carry out a pre-use inspect and most importantly use them safely, in line with current approved methods and manufacturer’s instructions. The course agenda includes:
- Legislation and Regulations affecting Work at Height
- Requirements for the use of Ladders and Step Ladders under Schedule 6 of the Work at Height Regulations
- Product standards and classifications for ladders and step ladders in the workplace
- Hazards affecting the use of Ladders and Step Ladders
- The need to planning and risk management using the S.T.E.P format
- Pre-use Ladder and Step Ladder Inspection
- Correct Storage and Transport of Ladders
- Complete a practical assessment in the correct selection, risk assessment and use of Ladders and Step Ladder safely
- Multiple choice question paper.
- Practical demonstration in the safe use of a ladder or step ladder.
Delegates will be awarded an Essential Site Skills certificate of attendance.