Open Course Dates
|Course||Location||Date||Price (ex VAT)|
This manual handling training course is a superb way to show your staff how to lift safely in a high impact 3 hour course. Once your staff have attended this manual handling training course, they will know have to look after their back properly and your business will be protected from the cost absenteeism and litigation.
By the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Demonstrate the correct method of manual handling of objects.
- Understand their responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate the practices of manual handling and lifting as described in The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
- MHOR 1992
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Duties of employees
- Duties of employers
- Introduction to manual handling
- Principles of good movement
- Types and causes of injury
- Anatomy of the spine
- Theoretical examination
- Identifying the load
- Mechanical aids
- Task analysis
- Practical application of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
Multiple choice question paper.
Delegates will be awarded an Essential Site Skills certificate of attendance.