Level 1 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
The Pearson BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Retail Knowledge qualifications are for learners who want to gain employment in the retail sector such as sales assistant or advisor. They develop and demonstrate the retail sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in a job role. This includes the principles and practices behind the core tasks and responsibilities related to the job as well as wider work-related knowledge such as customer services, sales, quality and stock control, payment handling, buying, store management and people management.
What does the Level 1 Retail Knowledge course cover?
The course will cover the following subjects to teach and develop the potential employee and to build their confidence and effectiveness in employment;
- Understanding the Business of Retail
- Understanding Customer Service in the Retail Sector
- Understanding the Retail Selling Process
- Understanding how Individuals and Teams Contribute to the Effectiveness of a Retail Business
- Understanding how a Retail Business Maintains Health and Safety on its Premises
- Understanding the Handling of Customer Payments in a Retail Business
- Understanding the Control, Receipt and Storage of Stock in a Retail Business
- Principles of Retail Knowledge
- Nationally Recognised Level 1 Certificate
- Newly Trained Individuals
- Up to date Health and Safety Knowledge
- Effective Teamwork Skills