Whether you’re a newly appointed senior manager, or established this course will have something beneficial for you. Coaching and mentoring is a significant component of the learning and development strategy of many successful organisations worldwide. This course is designed for leaders who have the authority responsibility for developing and implementing a coaching and mentoring strategy across the organisation, or who want to enhance their own personal competency.
This course will give you a fresh perspective on building trust, minimising conflict and managing towards strategic objectives. It also looks at the impact on organisational culture and the systemic application of coaching and mentoring:
- Directors and owners
- Experienced and time-served senior leaders
- Newly appointed leaders or aspiring leaders
- Consultants looking to formalise their knowledge of coaching and mentoring
Throughout the four days participants will learn and apply coaching practice in a monitored environment. Course delegates will experience and reflect upon different coaching approaches, develop a sound understanding of effective coaching methods, and learn how they can adapt and develop their own approach to leadership within their organisation. At this level, the course will focus on individual self-awareness and coaching practice, plus the application of coaching and mentoring into the strategic organisational environment.
This Programme reflects current practice in Coaching and Mentoring. Delegates will develop and expand their understanding and reflection on how these can be developed in an emerging digital and global economy. Participants can expect to engage in a range of group and individual workshop activities where role play, scenario setting, thought leadership activity and didactic learning will take place.
The taught elements of the course will include an overview of the following areas, to provide scope in the application of the tools and thinking together with core competencies and theoretical perspectives:
- Defining coaching and its purpose
- Understanding how high performing teams work
- Improved self-awareness
- Individual coaching approaches
- How to mentor and coach through change
- Understand how coaching and mentoring relate to organisational goals, and the tools which monitor impact
- Understand the environmental factors within which coaching and mentoring operates, and how to positively influence success in adoption
- How to embed a successful coaching and mentoring culture, and understand the necessary checks and balances for sustainable change
Upon completion of this course, delegates will gain:
- Powerful, inspirational communication skills
- Increased openness to opportunities for personal learning and development
- The ability to create targeted performance improvements for self, teams and organisation
- Engage your teams and set the strategic direction through outstanding leadership communication and influencing skills
- Ensure your organisation’s coaches and mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need to deliver results
- Improved self-awareness, self-confidence and leadership capability
- Greater understanding of the causes of conflict and the methods to manage it
- Benchmark your organisation’s approach against the latest and best industry practice
- Practice advanced skills is a supervised environment and receive detailed feedback
- Create a coaching and mentoring culture in which senior managers and leaders demonstrate their commitment to supporting their own and others’ development and performance improvement
Benefits for the organisation include:
- Demonstrates commitment to individuals and their development
- Improved organisational performance and productivity
- Facilitates the adoption of a new culture or management change
- Supports cost reduction and business growth
The course will focus on the practical application of coaching and mentoring, and how coaching and mentoring works towards individual and organisational goals.
*The overview is for to guide only and is subject to change
- Define what coaching and mentoring means, and where they sit within organisational and individual development
- Understand the coaching process, and how to use key models to hold both formal and informal coaching conversations (and consider the spectrum in between)
- Coaching practice 1
- Consider the ethical and contractual implications of coaching
- Build reflective practice into everyday coaching and mentoring to instil continual improvement
- The psychology or coaching and mentoring
- Managing conflict
- Further tools for self-awareness and improvement
- Coaching practice 2
- Build, develop and lead high performing teams. Consider how to develop people in line with the performance management process and values of your business
- Consider motivational strategies and learn how to coach and mentor team members with varying ability and potential
- Examine how to use coaching conversations to develop individual professional goals and career plans with team members to enhance motivation levels
- Identify how to integrate coaching and mentoring into your leadership approach to support the needs and objectives of the business; informal development and the art of ‘Curb-side Coaching’, leading to the development of a coaching culture
- Understand good practice in the evaluation of coaching and mentoring, including cutting edge methodology in measuring ROI
- Coaching practice 3
- Learn and apply supervision best practice in order to provide Formative, Normative and Restorative supervision support to other coaches and mentors in the organisation, at any level
- Principles of Organisational Culture
- Embedding a successful and sustainable culture of coaching and mentoring
- Group coaching practice 4 (coaching Board)
Our coaching and mentoring programme is aimed at all professionals who are in a management role or position of trust with at least 3 years of working experience.
Your assignments will look at an introduction to coaching and mentoring, coaching theory and practice and using coaching and mentoring skills as a manager.
Level 7 participants will be required to complete 2 strategically focused assignments:
- Coaching and mentoring within organisational culture
- Organisational coaching and mentoring
After the course, you have 3 assignments to complete in order to get your CMI recognised coaching and mentoring certificate.
About CMI Qualifications
As the only chartered professional body in the field of management and leadership, CMI are a recognised symbol of competency and industry standards throughout the UK and Europe.
- Over 85% of managers agreed their management and leadership qualification improved their performance and by transferring their new skills to the work place, almost all have seen a vast improvement in their teams' performance too.
- 78% of employers agreed that qualifications provide quality assurance for customers and that the benefits outweighed the time, money and effort invested in obtaining them.
- More than 80% of managers say that taking a management qualification has resulted in increased professional recognition, with most stating that employers prefer qualified managers when recruiting.
- This was confirmed by a further 53% advising that their qualification had helped them in gaining a promotion.