The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations is eligible for European Social Funding and is designed for those new to, or seeking employment in the retail industry.
Level 2 Certificate in Retail Operations Course Aims
This qualification aims to:
- provide an introduction to the retail industry to those new to or seeking employment in this area
- help learners develop an understanding of the different aspects of working in the retail sector
- prepare learners for progression into a range of higher level qualifications within the retail sector, including more practical qualifications where their knowledge can be put into practice.
Level 2 Certificate in Retail Operations Course Objective
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to develop an understanding of the different aspects of the retail industry.
Course Units - Mandatory
- Understanding customer service in the retail sector
- Understanding the retail selling process
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises
- Understanding retail consumer law
- Understand how to deal with customer queries and complaints in a retail environment
Course Units - Optional
- Understanding security and loss prevention in a retail business
- Understanding the handling of customer payments in a retail business
- Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock in a retail business
- Understanding visual merchandising for retail business
- Understanding how the effectiveness of store operations can be improved
- The principles of food safety for retail
- Understanding environmental sustainability in the retail sector
- Understanding the fashion retail market
- Understanding how to manage stock for customer orders in business to business services
- Understanding the storage, monitoring and replenishment of fresh produce in a retail outlet
- Underage sales prevention for retail and licensed premises
- Understanding how stocks of newspapers and magazines are controlled in retail outlets
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations, learners must achieve a minimum of 18 credits: 14 from the mandatory units and a minimum of 4 from the optional units.
Assessment involves a blended delivery approach - This is a mixture of face-to-face and remote sessions with a qualified assessor.
Delegates will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Retail Operations.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Retail Skills
- Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Retail Knowledge
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Retail (Specialist, Management, Visual Merchandising or Sales Professional pathway)
Funding and Support
We are able to offer this course fully funded through The Adult Education Budget (AEB) and European Social Funding (ESF) - subject to eligibility, Please contact us to find out more about eligibility, along with the course dates we have running in various locations around the UK.