We are an approved ELCAS accredited training provider able to offer ex-forces personnel who are eligible under the ELCAS funding scheme to acquire level 3 to level 7 NVQs (National Vocational Qualifications) within the Construction and Civil trades, including NVQs in Lifting Operations, Site Supervision, and Site Management. Read on to find out if you or your business is eligible for funding.
What is ELCAS?
The MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) promotes lifelong learning amongst ex and current serving members of the Armed Forces. The scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment across three separate financial years used to enhance their career and job prospects when they leave or have left the Military. Ex-forces personnel who are eligible can receive funding ranging from £1,000 to £2,000 depending on time served. This funding can only be used to fund regulated qualifications above Level 3 and must be delivered by an ELCAS approved provider.
Who Can Apply For ELCAS?
- Ex-forces personnel currently working in construction
- Organisations that employ ex-forces personnel
If you employ a large proportion of ex-forces we would be happy to visit and present a short brief on the ELCAS scheme, how it works and how you can benefit as a service leaver.
Leaving the Armed Forces can be a daunting prospect, but here at Essential Site Skills we have a strong contingency of ex-military who will be able to offer you valuable advice and guidance, such as choosing the right qualification or course to meet your needs, and also whilst you are on the resettlement course itself.
Health & Safety Courses
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
What NVQs Are Available?
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations - General
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations - Surveying
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing - Painting & Decorating - Decorative Finishing
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Demolition - Chargehand
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Formwork
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Plastering – Solid
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Wall & Floor Tiling
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations – Shopfitting Bench Work
- L3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations - Timber Frame Erection
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Building and Civil Engineering
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision - Conservation
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision - Demolition
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Highways and Maintenance Repair
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision – Residential Development
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Supervision - Tunnelling
- L4 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Supervising Lifts
- L5 NVQ Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Planning Lifts
- L5 NVQ Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management – Estimating
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management - General
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management - Quantity Surveying
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Building and Civil Engineering
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management - Conservation
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management - Demolition
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management – Highways and Maintenance
- L6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management - Residential Development
- L7 NVQ Diploma in Construction Senior Management
How Do I Apply For ELCAS Funding?
All delegates must be working within chosen trade and have the relevant experience to complete the NVQ. This can be discussed at the skills scan stage with one of our NVQ coordinators when applying.
All delegates must contribute under ELCAS scheme rules a 20% contribution. Please visit http://www.enhancedlearningcredits.com/ for more information.
Our Commitment to Ex Forces
Not only do Essential Site Skills provide ELCAS funded courses, but we are proud supporters of the armed forces and all current and ex service men and women who have fought for our country and the liberty of others.
To demonstrate that commitment we have signed the Armed Forces Covenant. This is a register of all the businesses, councils, and organisations in the UK who actively promote the welfare of ex forces.
Our pledge is to support all ex forces by promoting Armed Forces Day, whilst working to bridge the gap between the Construction Industry and the Forces community, either by providing training opportunities, NVQs, or signposting.
We also employ a lot of ex forces people, either as trainers or the management team and always welcome applications from them. In fact, our Training and Consultancy Director, Darren, won the Service Leaver of the Year award in 2017.
Want To Find Out More?