NVQ Level 2 Unit - Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
This course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final module will allow you to write in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
What does the Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace Online Course Cover?
This unit covers 5 areas:
1. How to comply with all workplace health, safety and welfare legislation - which covers protective measures, health and safety control equipment, legislation and introduces the different kinds of safety signs that will be present on site. It also covers how workplaces can ensure compliance by implementing various control measures.
2. How to recognise hazards associated with the workplace that have not been previously controlled and report them in a way that meets organisational procedures - this module covers common causes of injuries in the workplace along with some of the health hazards found on site. It also looks at how changes in work conditions can affect the safety of the site and how such changes should be reported.
3. How to comply with organisational policies and procedures to contribute to health, safety and welfare - this module covers how emergency situations and other incidents should be dealt with according to policies and procedures. It also covers Fire Risks and hazards and how to choose appropriate extinguishers to tackle them. The module finishes off by discussing reporting and feedback and how this can affect future planning.
4. How to work responsibly to contribute to workplace health, safety and welfare - this module covers the main reasons why workers should perform their duties responsibly and in a way that protects the environment.
5. How to comply with, and support, all organisational security arrangements and approved procedures - this module covers personal security arrangements as well as measures that can be taken to ensure site security.
Further Progression, ESS offer further Level 2 NVQ units which would work well with this course. We also offer also several other Health and Safety courses that will provide more detail on some of the specific hazards that might be encountered on construction sites. These include, Asbestos Awareness, COSHH and Abrasive Wheels.
E-Learning Course Modules
|Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|1||Complying with Legislation||Pass percentage required:70%|
|2||Recognising Hazards in the Workplace||Pass percentage required:70%|
|3||Complying with Policies and Procedures||Pass percentage required:70%|
|4||Working Responsibly||Pass percentage required:70%|
|5||Security Arrangements and Procedures||Pass percentage required:70%|
|6||Final Exam||Pass percentage required:100%|
Recommended system requirements
Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
Video: Up to date video drivers
Memory: 1 Gb+ RAM
Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)