NVQ Level 2 Unit - Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
This course can be used as part of the Level 2 NVQ Mandatory Unit Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace. It provides the knowledge components of this unit and the final module will allow you to write in your answers which, once marked as completed by your assessor can then be downloaded and used as part of your work portfolio.
What does this Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace Online Course Cover?
This unit covers 7 areas:
1. Complying With Information - this module will cover where you might find information relating to your work, how to report incorrect information that you may come across.
2. Complying with relevant legislation and official guidance - this module covers aspects of moving and handling legislation and guidance in relation to working in confined spaces, working below ground level, working at height, tools and equipment, materials and substances and the movement and storage of materials. This section also covers fire safety including identifying types of extinguishers and when to use them.
3. Maintaining Safe Working Practices - this module looks at how to maintain safe working practices when moving, handling or storing resources. You’ll also learn about the main types of health and safety control equipment and why it should be used.
4. Selecting the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources - in this module you’ll discover how to select the required quantity and quality of resources, what to do if there are problems with resources and some of the hazards associated with moving and handling resources.
5. Preventing the Damage to Occupational Resources and the Environment - this module will explain how to prevent the risk of damage to occupational resources and the surrounding environment when moving, handling or storing resources.
6. Completing Work Within the Allocated Time - this module will highlight the importance of completing work within the allocated time when moving, handling or storing resources.
7. Complying with Occupational Resource Information - this module will show you how to comply with the given occupational resource information when moving, handling or storing resources.
Further Progression, ESS offer further Level 2 NVQ units which would work well with this course. We also offer also several other Health and Safety courses that will provide more detail on some of the specific hazards that might be encountered on construction sites. These include, Asbestos Awareness, COSHH and Abrasive Wheels.
E-Learning Course Modules
|Module Number||Module Name||Pass % Required|
|1||Complying With Information||Pass percentage required:70%|
|2||Complying with Legislation and Guidance||Pass percentage required:70%|
|3||Maintaining Safe Working Practices||Pass percentage required:70%|
|4||Selecting the Required Quantity and Quality of Resources||Pass percentage required:70%|
|5||Preventing the Damage to Occupational Resources and the Environment||Pass percentage required:70%|
|6||Completing Work Within the Allocated Time||Pass percentage required:70%|
|7||Complying with Occupational Resource Information||Pass percentage required:70%|
|8||Final Exam||Pass percentage required:100%|
Recommended system requirements
Operating System: Windows 7+ or Mac OSX (10.8+)
Browser: A modern and up to date web browser
Video: Up to date video drivers
Memory: 1 Gb+ RAM
Additional Software: Flash Player (latest version)
Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)