eC.A.T4 Cable Avoidance Tool with Data Logging and SWING
This model is equipped with an automatic recording system which stores up to 2 years’ worth of usage data in its internal memory. Data can be later retrieved and analysed using a USB lead and a PC.
- Avoidance Mode - Avoidance Mode speeds the process of pre-dig scanning by searching for Power, Radio and Genny signals simultaneously. C.A.T4 Avoidance Mode offers fully controllable responses, allowing operators to rapidly pinpoint a buried utility and trace it across an area. Real Sound audio enables operators to differentiate between individual signals and utilities to maximise locate speed whilst maintaining safety.
- Genny Signal Locate - Detects the signals transmitted by Genny4, with on-demand estimation of the depth of buried utilities.
- Power Signal Locate - Detects the electromagnetic fields generated by loaded power cables.
- Radio Signal Locate - Detects long-range radio signals as they travel along buried cables and pipes.
- Small Diameter Locate Frequency - Simultaneous dual frequency and simple, intuitive, locating methods assist C.A.T4 and Genny4 users to locate Small Diameter cables such as telecom twisted pairs, CATV feeds, spurs and drop-offs which have historically been hard to find and a common strike risk.
- eCert - eCert remote calibration testing offers an innovative calibration option intended to form part of an annual service regime. Activated through the C.A.T Manager PC software, eCert provides a fast, thorough and convenient test of the key locating circuitry within C.A.T4, and validates the results against the original factory calibration using an internet connection to Radiodetection. Following an eCert test pass, a Radiodetection Calibration Certificate for that C.A.T4 can be printed or saved.
- Dynamic Overload Protection - High levels of electrical interference, as found around substations and near high voltage transmission cables, can overload sensitive electronics. Dynamic Overload Protection automatically filters this interference out, enabling C.A.T4 to continue locating where other units struggle.
- Data Acquisition - On-board memory allows over a year’s worth of data to be stored on eC.A.T4 and gC.A.T4 series products. This data can be backed-up to a PC at any time, giving virtually unlimited record keeping for the life of the product. Retrieved data can be analyzed, either locally using C.A.T Manager® for Windows PC or remotely using C.A.T Manager Online, to aid in ensuring compliance and identifying training requirements.
- Service Due Indicator - Annual service and calibration is key to ensuring that C.A.T operators can work safely and with confidence in their equipment. To support this, eC.A.T4 and gC.A.T4 models provide a 31-day Service Due countdown warning on start-up.
- SWING Warning - Radiodetection C.A.Ts are designed to respond exceptionally fast to even the smallest detectable underground signals. Radiodetection’s research into underground signal detection has shown that the ability of an operator to identify these buried utilities is directly affected by careless working practices such as excessive or rapid swinging. To further reduce utility strike risks, eC.A.T4 and gC.A.T4 models are equipped with sensors to detect such incorrect usage and warn the operator with an alert that is also stored in the data log.
- StrikeAlert - Reduce the risk of hitting a shallow cable with the optional StrikeAlertTM warning, enhanced and optimised in the CAT4 range to reduce the instances of false warnings.
- CALSafe - CALSafe – enabled units can be set to automatically deactivate on expiry of the defined calibration interval, to help ensure compliance with individual company policies. The interval required between services can be customised using the C.A.T Manager software to anything up to one year.
See training options
Cable Avoidance Basic Operator
Cable Avoidance For Managers- Managing, Planning and Permit Course