Adult Skills Tutor - Sheffield/Nottingham
Contract Type: Associate
Salary: Per Learner
Essential Site Skills are seeking to add an experienced Associate Adult Skills Tutor. The post holder will be responsible for the delivery and achievement of a range of adult skills courses. The post holder will be able to plan and carry out assessment against nationally recognised standards to ensure timely achievement of qualifications.
- Work closely with learners to support them with their qualification and to monitor progress to ensure learning outcomes are achieved timely.
- Visit learners to provide learning, assessment, support, prepare and review action plans, undertake assessments and provide feedback in line with regulatory and organisational requirements as part of the programme requirements to ensure successful achievement of their awards.
- Maintain appropriate assessment records and ensure relevant paperwork is completed accurately to evidence the assessment process.
- Receive and act on feedback from internal and external verifiers.
- Communicate with employers and workplace mentors to confirm assessment dates, times and activities and to build positive relationships.
- Travel to a variety of locations to meet planned employer and learner visits, as required.
- Carry out risk assessments for new and existing settings, where needed.
- Work according to awarding organisation rules and regulations in all areas.
- Manage your own workload to ensure the full requirements of the post are carried out.
- Play an active role in the organisation, contributing to meetings, Schemes of Work, assessment, updates as appropriate and sharing best practice.
- Provide IAG sessions to individuals and groups as required.
- Read, understand and carry out accordingly the organisational policies and procedures, in particularly Safeguarding, Recruitment, Selection and Disclosure, Prevent, GPDR, E-Safety and Acceptable Use.
- Receive appropriate training as deemed necessary by the organisation to fulfil job and organisational requirements.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the line manager, providing flexible support to any other area of the business ad-hoc.
- Must hold a UK driving licence
- Must hold relevant qualification or occupational competence
- Must have TAQA or equivalent qualification
- Must have own liability insurance
- Subject to DBS check
To apply or for further information please send your CV to email@example.com
Please remember to include a daytime contact number and your postcode with your CV.